National Life Sales Consultant
A National Life Sales Consultant is a self-motivated, high-energy individual who will manage and develop a book of life business comprised of independent insurance agents and financial advisors, by providing sales and marketing support, product illustrations, case development and related activities. The ultimate goal of the position is to develop and grow life production by converting leads provided by the Business Development Representative team member to active insurance agents and financial advisors to work with our firm.
Essentials roles and responsibilities:
- Convert qualified prospects into customers
- Build internal and external relationships while assisting in maintaining “DMI house” book of business
- Use your drive to hit and exceed your goals
- Outstanding sales and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple, high-priority tasks
- Understanding of sales cycles and the ability to convert prospects into clients
- Understanding of life insurance and related products a plus
- Life/Health insurance license a plus
This position entails making connections with people, motivating and inspiring them to achieve results. Poise and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm is the key to achieving the goal of this job. The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people. A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated is the foundation for designing and implementing interactive communication and decision-making processes. Knowledge and skill in how to successfully influence and persuade others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to goals are essential. The job requires a high degree of “selling”, whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products or services in the marketplace. The job environment is fast-paced and results-oriented. While there is urgency to goal achievement, responsibility for the achievement of results needs to be shared and effectively delegated when necessary.
- Variety of activities, Multiple projects occurring simultaneously, Multi-tasking
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement, Fast-paced environment
- People/relationships focus, Team building, Inspire, Motivate others, Engage their commitment
- Involve others in the decision-making process, Cooperative, Collaborative decision-making
- Must assume responsibility for risk
- Extroverted, warm, enthusiastic, empathetic
- Stimulating communicator
- Persuasive “selling” style
- Collaborative approach
- Leadership based on ability to motivate others
- Strong commitment to results
- Delegate authority readily
Noteworthy Behaviors: Quick to connect with others, Proactive, Takes initiative, Competitive, Driven to get things done, Fast-talking, Lively, Enthusiastic, Positive response to pressure, Team Player
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience in external wholesaling, sales support or related activities with a working understanding of agents and financial advisors in the life insurance industry
- Proven experience and track record of success in a similar role
- Ability to connect quickly with qualified prospects and close the deal
- Experience reaching or exceeding weekly activity goals/quotas
- Team player who is undaunted by failure and self-motivated
Salary and Compensation:
- Base Salary is determined based on experience and ranges from $50,000-$75,000
- Monthly commission share with the sales team for prospects who become clients
- A potential six-figure income your first year!
- Offering a full range of benefits including health/medical, dental, 401k with company match and other supplemental benefits
- Ability to grow professionally by attending company provided sales training
- Ability to become an account executive; senior wholesaler; sales team leader within 2-4 years
- DMI offers employees to take advantage of our company season tickets to the Patriots games.
- We offer many fulfilling community service opportunities and exciting team bonding experiences. If you are looking to join a team with fun, positive morale, then DMI is the right place for you!
- This position is full-time at our Hingham, MA located but has the ability to work full remote depending on your location.