Vice President - Annuity Sales
The mission of the Vice President – Annuity Sales is to recruit and manage A–Level advisors to DMI.
Essentials Roles and Responsibilities:
- Convert warm advisor leads provided by BDR or Marketing Team
- Work an existing book of 150+ current advisors who have been lower producing or become dormant within DMI to sell annuities
- Cross Sell active DMI annuity agents to sell life
- Work an advisor’s book of clients to uncover annuity opportunities
- Profile an advisor and their book of clients to uncover opportunities
Knowledge and skill in how to successfully influence and persuade others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to your sales goals is essential. The job requires a high degree of “selling”, whether of sales ideas or products or services in the marketplace. The ability to conduct deep discovery of an advisor and his book is essential. The job environment is fast paced and results oriented.
- Work will consist of a faced-paced environment, featuring a variety of activities with multiple projects occurring simultaneously. Sense of urgency for goal achievement is a must.
- Ideal candidate will possess a focus on people/ relationships, be willing to inspire and motivate others and engage their commitment and encourage team building
- A cooperative and collaborative decision-making strategy will be best suited for this role; however, candidate must be willing to assume responsibility for risk
- Ideal qualities for a candidate in this role can include a persuasive “selling” style and collaborative approach, as well as extroverted, warm, enthusiastic, and empathetic characteristics
- Proven leadership based on ability to motivate others
- Strong commitment to results
- Readily delegates authority
Quick to connect, competitive, driven to get things done, enthusiastic, self-motivator, fast-paced, proactive, takes initiative, positive response to pressure, team builder, undaunted by failure, and positive attitude
- Proven experience and track record of success in similar role
- Able to recruit and manage A-Level advisors
- Able to close annuity sales
- Experience reaching or exceeding weekly activity goals/quotas
- Competitive self-starter who enjoys taking risks and is undaunted by failure
- High level of financial literacy of how annuities fit into a financial plan