Business Development Representative
A Business Development Representative is a self-confident and competitive individual who will take on the challenge of expanding our customer base to grow our annuity and life businesses. The main role of this position is to recruit new agents by making at least 100 outbound calls per day. They will take the initiative by using prospecting strategies to identify prospects and initiate first outreach with them. This a business to business sales opportunity and you will be calling on insurance agents and financial advisors. Their goal is to proactively book calls and meetings to fill the pipelines of the sales team with qualified prospects.
Essentials roles and responsibilities:
- Must make 100 dials/calls per day
- Turn prospects into leads and work with members on your team to ultimately close the sale
- Take risks and learn from mistakes to develop effective prospecting strategies to make first contact with prospects
- Quickly identify the needs and challenges of prospects
- Determine the prospect’s interest in selling either annuities or life insurance with DMI
- Proactively schedule follow up calls or meetings for our sales team with prospects
- Use your drive to hit and exceed your goals
This position entails making rapid decisions, often based on very little information. Challenge and pressure are the norm. Problems may be situational, factual, or people-based. Solving them involves analysis, creativity, and working with others. In dealing with other people, poise, confidence, and influence are required. A forceful, animated communication style is required, often more authoritative than persuasive in nature.
- Fast-paced, rapidly changing environment multiple projects going simultaneously
- Analytical, creative problem solving, working with and through others problems could arise from situations, business issues, or personnel issues
- Very rapid decision-making with little background information high tolerance for risky decisions
- Confident, direct, poised communication required working with and through others, persuading and motivating
- Free and easy delegation of details, making plans, and strategies to reach goals strong, flexible leadership that is somewhat more authoritative while still focused on others’ involvement and genuine participation
Self-motivator, Driven, Fast-paced, Competitive, Accepts Failure or Rejection, Outgoing, Comfortable with risk, Independent, Individualistic, Self-confident, Firm, Proactive, Takes initiative, Positive response to pressure, Team Player
- Proven experience and track record of success in similar role
- Ability to make 100 cold calls each day
- Ability to connect quickly with prospects, uncover their problems and refer them to our sales team
- Experience reaching or exceeding weekly activity goals/quotas
- Competitive self-starter who enjoys taking risks and is undaunted by failure
Salary and Compensation:
- Base Salary is determined based on experience and ranges from $40,000-$50,000.
- A potential six-figure income your second year!
- Weekly referral bonuses paid for all prospects you refer to the sales team
- Monthly commission share with the sales team for prospects who become clients
- Offering a full range of benefits including health/medical, dental, 401k with company match and other supplemental benefits
- Ability to grow professionally by attending company provided sales training
- Ability to become an account manager within 2-3 years
- Ability to become an account executive; senior wholesaler; sales team leader within 3-5 years
- DMI offers employees to take advantage of our company season tickets to the Patriots games.
- We offer many fulfilling community service opportunities and exciting team bonding experiences. If you are looking to join a team with fun, positive morale, then DMI is the right place for you!
- This position is full-time at our Hingham, MA located but has the ability to work full remote depending on your location.